Join OpenCon speakers and participants for a live PLOS Science Wednesday "Ask Me Anything" session on redditscience (r/science). The series provides a forum for PLOS authors and collaborators to communicate their work and interact directly with fellow researchers and the public. This time, you can tune in to hear more about OpenCon 2016 and ask the experts your burning questions about open research and education. This AMA will feature:
- Brewster Kahle - Founder and Digital Librarian of Internet Archive
- Heather Piwowar - co-founder of Impactstory
- Achintya Rao - science communicator based at CERN
- Soziac Elise Wang Sonne - PhD research fellow at UNU-MERIT / School of Governance
A direct link to the AMA won't be available until the day of the chat, so follow @PLOS on Twitter or RSVP to this event. We will tweet out and email the direct link the morning (around 8am EST) of the AMA on 11/16. You can then post your questions for the guests to answer. The live portion of the AMA where OpenCon guests answer participant questions begins at 1pm EST and will continue for at least an hour.
Before the AMA, create a redditscience account so you can post your questions. Creating an account is a simple process that will take about 2 minutes.
- Visit redditscience https://www.reddit.com/r/science/
- Click "sign up" in the upper right hand corner
- Create username & password, most people use pseudonyms, but not all (eg “openscience16”)
- To show enthusiasm about a particular AMA, click the up arrow next to the topic page.
- Are you a scientific professional? Here’s how to have your credibility recognized on reddit.