Hosted in Washington DC on November 12-14, OpenCon 2016 is designed to serve as a powerful catalyst for projects led by the next generation of scholars and researchers to advance Open Access, Open Education and Open Data. However, OpenCon is only possible with the support of established organizations and institutions with a commitment to openness in research and education.
OpenCon seeks to convene the most effective student and early career academic professional advocates—regardless of their ability to pay for travel costs. In 2014 and 2015, the majority of students and early career academic professionals who participated received travel scholarships, enabling 39 countries to be represented.
Number available: 1
Level of support: $15,000
- Prominent placement of sponsoring organization’s logo at the top of the conference homepage and on any giveaways produced (e.g. t-shirt, tote bag)
- Opportunity to address the assembled participants for up to 5 minutes before the unconference
- Optional association of the organization’s name with the catalyst prize of $1,000 awarded to a participant-led project presented at OpenCon 2016
- Opportunity to have one communication of up to 150 words included in an email to all OpenCon 2016 applicants (more than 3,700 individuals applied in 2015)
- Opportunity to have one communication of up to 150 words included in an email sent to all participants, either before or directly following the meeting
- Table and space provided for sponsoring organization’s collateral during all coffee breaks
- Two free conference registrations
- Statement of thanks at the opening and closing of the meeting